Sambal Noodles with Prawns and Chinese Broccoli
- 100 ml sweet soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Fresh Sambal Sauce (recipe follows) plus extra to serve
- 1 1/2 tsp Schwartz Ginger Ground
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Schwartz Garlic Puree
- 675 grams raw tiger prawns, deveined
- 275 grams Chinese broccoli or tender steam broccoli, trimmed and in cut into 1-inch pieces
- 125 grams shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 5 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 100 grams cashews, chopped
- 2 lime, cut into wedges
Cook the noodles as directed on the pack, drain well and set aside. Meanwhile, mix the sweet soy sauce, Sambal Sauce and ginger in small bowl and set aside.
Heat two tbs of the oil in large wok or frying pan on medium-high heat. Add half of the shallots and half the Garlic Puree and cook and stir 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the prawns, cook and stir for three minutes or until prawns turn pink. Remove the prawns from the wok.
Heat the remaining 1 tbs of oil in the same wok . Add the remaining shallots and Garlic Minced and cook and stir 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the broccoli, mushrooms and spring onions and cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
Then removed half the mixture from the pan. Add half the noodles, half the prawns and half sweet soy sauce mixture and toss to mix all the ingredients together. Repeat using the rest of the ingridients.
Spoon the noodle mixture into serving bowls. Top with the cashews and additional Sambal Sauce, if desired. Squeeze with the lime wedge before serving.
Products used in this recipe:
People who liked this recipe also liked: