Pickled Peach and Black Beluga Lentil Toasts
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 ripe peach, pitted and finely chopped
- Black Beluga Lentil Toasts:
- 250 gal cooked beluga lentils
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Schwartz Premium Chivesß
- 1/2 tsp Schwartz Thyme
- 125 grams crème fraîche
- 24 thin baguette slices and toasted
For the Pickled Peach, put the vinegar, sugar and mustard seeds in a small pan, place on a medium heat and bring to a slow boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for five minutes. Then remove from the heat and let it stand for five minutes to cool. In a small bowl add the chopped peach and pour over the pickling syrup, mix gently together to coat the peaches. Then refrigerate for one hour or until needed.
Mix the lentils, oil, Chives and Thyme in medium bowl until blended. To serve, spread about 1 tsp of crème fraîche on the toasted baguette slice. Top with about 1 tbs of the lentil mixture and 1 tsp Pickled Peach.
Products used in this recipe:
People who liked this recipe also liked: