Mustard Seed (Mustard Seed)
GREAT WITH PORK AND VEGETABLES
Mustard Seed has a clean fresh aroma and pungent, biting flavour. Use generously.
Did you know?
Mustard has been used as a condiment for thousands of years. For poor people it was the one spice with which they could afford to enliven their bland food.
Mustard Seed should have a uniform golden colour with a fresh, sharp flavour. Allyl isothiocyanate is the principal flavour-giving volatile oil.
- Sprinkle into cheese sauces, or cooking with pan fried vegetables.
- Great added to pickles, chutneys and curries for extra flavour.
- Mix with mayonnaise for potato salad.
- Season pork, veal, kidneys and rabbit with Mustard Seed.
- Add Mustard towards the end of cooking as heat reduces its pungency.